Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Shifting


As I  move through my photographic journey, I'm beginning to feel a shift towards appreciating the rugged beauty of the landscape I once detested-mostly due to a longing to be somewhere else, anywhere other than here.

I'm slowly learning to appreciate the stinging bee, the thorny cactus with it's magnificent blooms, the blazing sunset, yawning canyons that whisper their history, cedar fence posts with stretches of barbed wire, the clean lines of freshly tilled farm land,tiny cotton plants, tenacious wildflowers, and expansive horizons that open wide like a deep breath.

I'm learning to appreciate cycles; sunset and sunrise, seedling to seed head, tilled field to harvest, the barren chill of winter in contrast to the fertile promise of spring, the dove on her nest nurturing a new generation, the ebb and flow of seasons-life and death.

The cyclical flow of years, seasons, and days are opportunities for us to make better choices,  to say "I love you" one more time to those we love, to put the past behind one day at a time, and as William Purkey so eloquently stated to, "Dance like no one's watching, love like you'll never be hurt,sing like no one is listening,live like it's heaven on earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...