Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Walk On The Wildside

Dramatic Black Hollyhock

Indian Blanket/Fire Wheel

English Iris

Red Hot Poker

Prickly Pear Blossom with Bumblebee-it was very cool to see this guy in action, as he flew off he was covered in pollen dropping it as he flew-all a part of nature's plan.

The cactus next door to the Prickly Pear-a  hummer's delight.

Beautiful Blue Agave-I just wonder how old this guy is?

April 29, 2012 my ever patient family heads out with me to the walk through garden by the Texas Tech greenhouse. While at first appearance it seems an overgrown hodgepodge-there's still some underlying organization and amazing beauty to be found-if you take the time to look.

Sometimes nature is gentle and kind-striking in it's beauty. Sometimes nature is wild and unruly.

" I said I wanna touch the earth I wanna break it in my hands
  I wanna grow something wild and unruly
  I wanna sleep on the hard ground in the comfort of your arms
 On a pillow of bluebonnets in a blanket made of stars."

source- Dixie Chicks "Cowboy Take Me Away"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...