Monday, May 28, 2012

Details





"I think a photography class should be a requirement in all educational programs because it makes you see the world rather than just look at it." ~ Author Unknown

I couldn't have said it better-the above quote is a perfect expression of the way I now see the world through the camera lens. Each day that I pick up my camera, I make a discovery of monumental proportion-something I took for granted before the days of making the deliberate choice to find the extraordinary in the ordinary.

Take a look at the example above-the full color version is beautiful and very aesthetically pleasing-I was perfectly happy with it, but add Sepia and it is like a whole new image. Sepia seems to make the details of the flower center and bee come alive.

Take a look at the bee-a masterful design? So perfectly suited for his purpose; his wings a precise feat of engineering created to be a most expedient form of transportation-deliberately angled so that he can get down into the flower.

Next,check out those tiny abundant hairs situated mostly at the front legs and head-a most efficient means for collecting pollen from the whimsical filaments of a wildflower. Think about how the color and scent of the wild flower attracts a host of insects and birds that scatter it's pollen to ensure the proliferation of more of it's kind- a "perfect" symbiotic relationship. Beautiful details, hidden in plain sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...